Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Extension Rafters - days 1 & 2

 Outside the gable ends are some rafter sets that extend the roof out about 20" past the walls.  Yesterday I assembled the 4 rafter sets.


Today I worked on figuring out how to get the sets up into position and nailed in place.  I managed, after several mistakes.  I hooked the winch to the ridge beam at the end of the house and raised the upper end of the rafter set.  Then I swung the lower end onto a 2x4 brace that I had screwed in place.  After that it was just adjusting the position and nailing the set into place.

I ran out of time today so next time I get a chance to work I'm planning to get the other three rafter sets hoisted up and nailed in place.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lots of progress

 Since the last post I've gotten a lot done. Finished the spackling and painting and painted the inside of the front door. I picked up a...