Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Lots of progress

 Since the last post I've gotten a lot done.

Finished the spackling and painting and painted the inside of the front door.

I picked up a couple of pieces of furniture that my uncle gave me back in '74 that my daughter had custody of.  One, a desk, had been refinished some time ago and I'm going to leave it as is but I did purchase a neat old office chair to go with it.




The other piece is an old sideboard that I'm going to use as an island on wheels.  I mounted it on casters and painted it.  When I get to doing countertops I'll install one on the sideboard.




I hung the kitchen & island lights and installed cabinet/drawer pulls.  All of these items I salvaged from my daughter's house when we renovated her kitchen.


I built a box to cover the pipes & wires to my hot water heater and a rack to hold my two induction burners when they're not in use.



I installed trim around the wall to ceiling junction, framed the octagonal window in the east wall and finished the trim there, installed my mini-split heat & AC unit and trim on the face of the loft.




Framed both living room windows and built shelves above them.



Framed the kitchen window and put up shelving


Hung up my key holder and framed the loft window


Purchased an above sink draining rack


Installed my flooring




Trimmed around the dresser/storage unit


Framed, built and hung the bathroom door





 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lots of progress

 Since the last post I've gotten a lot done. Finished the spackling and painting and painted the inside of the front door. I picked up a...