Thursday, September 14, 2023

Electrical Hookup & Beadboard

Today a small crew arrived and ran the underground cable to hook up the electric to the house. They say that within a couple of days some techs from the power company will arrive and move the meter from the temporary pole to the house. 



 During the past few days I've been installing beadboard plywood on the ceiling and in the loft.

Beadboard Plywood

 

It was a difficult task to do alone as the inside of the ceiling is sloped and gravity was working against me.  It took me several sheets before I figured out a reasonable way to accomplish it.



The space above the beadboard in the main part of the house and the east end gable wall will be covered with natural finish V-groove pine.

Tomorrow I'll get started painting the beadboard.


 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lots of progress

 Since the last post I've gotten a lot done. Finished the spackling and painting and painted the inside of the front door. I picked up a...