Friday, August 11, 2023

Inspections & Ledger Boards

 This week I passed my framing inspection, plumbing sewer inspection, plumbing water supply inspection and electrical inspection.

One thing I realized during the inspection is that I had wired for 110v for my washer/dryer based on the unit that I plan to purchase.  However, if i should replace it with another unit that requires 220v it would be a pain to wire for that after the fact.  So, today I wired a 220v outlet for a dryer.

Also, during the past few days I've been working on ledger boards for the eventual decks and carport.

It is a time consuming project.  The first step is to apply self-adhesive flashing tape to the side of the house that will be under the ledger board.

Ledger board flashing

 Then, level & install the ledger board.

East ledger board

Then install another layer of flashing tape that starts above the ledger board, covers the top and extends a bit down over the face.

Flashed ledger board

 

Those photos are of the east wall where the primary deck area will be.  I also installed ledger board on the south wall which will have a 6' wide walkway leading to the front door and out to connect to the main deck. I had to temporarily disconnect my current ramp from the house and move it away so that I could install the ledger board and then move it back in and reconnect it.

South ledger board

 

On the west wall, at about the base of the roof slope I installed another ledger board which will allow for connection of a carport.

West wall ledger board

 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Lots of progress

 Since the last post I've gotten a lot done. Finished the spackling and painting and painted the inside of the front door. I picked up a...