Tuesday, February 14, 2023

More Roof Sheathing

 I got the second course of sheathing on the south roof today.


I've been trying to figure out how to finish this process.  I need to have an opening in the rafters to attach the winch to so I can haul up the sheathing.  I think that I figured out a method today which is why I quit early.

I'll haul up the last two sheets on the north roof first and just leave them resting on the 2x2 that you can here on the north roof.


They won't be nailed down yet, just resting on the 2x2 and I didn't want to leave them resting there overnight in case the wind picks up so I decided to wait until I have a longer day to work.

Once those are on the roof I can shift the winch back to haul up sheathing to the south roof and I can move the roofing brackets and planks to the south roof as well.  Then I can winch up the remaining sheathing to the south roof and nail them down.

Once the south roof is completed, I can put the roofing brackets and planks back on the north roof.  From that platform I can slide the sheathing up into position and nail them down.

That's the plan and if the weather cooperates I can get that done tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Lots of progress

 Since the last post I've gotten a lot done. Finished the spackling and painting and painted the inside of the front door. I picked up a...